Subject: Re: [boost] Checking interest in stacktrace library
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-19 14:29:47

On 18 Jun 2016 at 13:34, Antony Polukhin wrote:

> I've got some prototype for getting stack traces:
> https://github.com/apolukhin/stacktrace
> It's design is based on the idea that class for stacktrace must be fully
> noexcept, without dynamic allocations in constructors and as simple as
> possible.

For even simpler backtraces for the most common use case, I've
implemented glibc's backtrace() function for Windows at
https://github.com/ned14/boost-lite/blob/master/src/execinfo_win64.c.
Identical API, almost identical output.

BTW Antony if you have need for very fast backtracing of non-callee
(i.e. other thread) stacks using the undocumented NT kernel functions
which are two orders of magnitude faster than those in DbgHelp, ping
me privately.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting