Subject: Re: [boost] Checking interest in clang-{format, tidy} configurations
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-19 15:14:55

On 19 Jun 2016 at 18:46, jerry.c.t_at_[hidden] wrote:

> is there an interest for common boost clang-format and clang-tidy (only
> the module readability-identifier-naming) configurations to inforce
> consistent layout and naming style?
>
> For clang-format there are predefined styles like llvm, google etc. I
> think about adding a new predefined style 'boost' to clang-format. But
> first i would start with a separate _clang-format file.

You may find mine a useful starting point:

https://github.com/ned14/boost.afio/blob/master/.clang-format

It generally meets the Boost style guidelines apart from the absurdly
width max column width which I am very unusual in really liking.

> For clang-tidy there are no predefined styles thus i would simply create
> a _clang-tidy file.

I don't know about others, but I find clang tidy *very* project
specific. The ideal config varies a lot just between my own
libraries, let alone between those written by many people.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/