Subject: Re: [boost] Attention library authors.. Library requirements testing is now active.
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-26 15:03:43

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 14 June 2016 at 16:14, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > As part of continued efforts to move testing to CI, to facilitate release
> > management, and to provide more information to authors I've now
> implemented
> > some testing changes:
> >
> > 1. Most libraries are now tested automatically if they have a usable test
> > directory.
> >
> > There are still libraries that do not follow the requirements of having
> all
> > their tests in just the single test directory. You can see which ones
> those
> > are here <
> > https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/develop/status/Jamfile.v2#L101>.
> > Library authors should IMMEDIATELY make changes to their test/Jamfile's
> > follow the library requirements for testing. Before the next release I
> plan
> > to blindly remove that custom list of extra test targets.
>
> Is there any reason that you aren't supporting 'sublibs' files?
> They're easy enough to support, and have been in place for well over a
> decade.

It's next on my todo list.. Just forgot about that on the first
implementation [1]. And i'm now busy with preparing for a trip. Should get
to doing that some time with next two weeks.

[1] Yes, I often forgot the special cases. Hence why I've argued in the
past about not having special cases ;-)

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything