Subject: Re: [boost] [qvm] help with tests
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-07-06 12:32:14
On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Emil Dotchevski <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]>
> It appears that the QVM tests are broken somehow but it isn't clear to me
> what might be wrong. It shows "pass" next to __boost_check_library__, but
> there are no results for the actual tests. It used to work fine earlier --
> this issue might be related somehow to a previous problem, where I had a
> build directory without realizing that the test framework recognized that
> name and did things I did not intend; so I renamed the build directory to
> Can someone help me fix this?
The problem stems from this change <
The test & report system uses the test paths to determine various things
including the library the test belongs to and the *sub-library* it belongs
to. When you moved the test targets (what's in the Jamfile) the path
changed. And from that point onwards the test paths, instead of looking
like the library tests, started looking like sub-library tests.
Specifically the test info references used to look like:
boost-test(COMPILE) "qvm/hdrqvm-all~hpp" : "libs/qvm/test/header-test.cpp"
And now they look like:
boost-test(COMPILE) "qvm/bld/hdrqvm-all~hpp" :
I did looked at the test and reporting code and did some experiments... And
I don't see any good way to adjust to how you structured your tests without
adversely impacting the support for sub-libraries. Best I can suggest for
now is to move the test targets back into the qvm/test/Jamfile.v2 file.
-- -- Rene Rivera -- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything -- Robot Dreams - http://robot-dreams.net -- rrivera/acm.org (msn) - grafikrobot/aim,yahoo,skype,efnet,gmail
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk