Subject: Re: [boost] [Hana/Fit] about constexpr/noexcept on equivalent functions to std::overload
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-07-08 13:07:08

Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet <at> wanadoo.fr> writes:

> [...]
>
> There is no problem for function objects.
>
> Louis, I don't remember, does Hana overload accepts pointer to member or
> non-member functions?

`hana::overload` should work with pointers to non-member functions, but not
with pointer to member functions, as it does not have any special logic for
them. To support them, we'd have to call functions with `hana::apply` in the
implementation, which could be prohibitively expensive in terms of compilation
time (but probably not for `hana::overload` alone).

Also, keep in mind that the Functional part of Hana is out of scope for the
library and I'm looking forward to removing it in the future.

Regards,
Louis