Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess] weirdest bug with offset_ptr equality comparison
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-08-09 16:41:29

El 09/08/2016 a las 20:12, Ion Gaztañaga escribió:
> El 08/08/2016 a las 20:02, Joaquin M López Muñoz escribió:
>> The following is a distilled testcase after the ticket reported at
>>
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/12367
>>
>> [...]
>> Ion, I'm totally puzzled by this and unable to navigate through the
>> internals
>> of Boost.Interprocess. Totally at your disposal if you need further info
>> or assistance
>> running tests etc.
>
> Thanks for the report. It seems related to the is_convertible trait from
> Interprocess. When replaced with the MSVC intrinsic, the problem goes
> away, and boost::is_convertible also skips the problem as it uses the
> intrinsic.

I've committed a change:

https://github.com/boostorg/interprocess/commit/8253c1b0add95ade098ae2d481f52a3bd4be6da5

so that offset_ptr uses boost::is_convertible. Now that TypeTraits is
really lightweight, I plan to migrate all custom traits to TypeTraits.

I tried several workarounds without luck, but I suspect this is a MSVC
bug. You reduced test case works with the fix, I hope the change fixes
the ticket.

Best,

Ion