Subject: Re: [boost] Gmane going away
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-08-18 08:49:42

Le 18/08/16 à 14:28, Rene Rivera a écrit :
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 7:17 AM, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>[snip]
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Looking at the (lack of) reactions, it sounds like not so much people
>>> are using gmane. Personally I use news.gmane.org for boost posting
>>> (news://news.gmane.org:119/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel with thunderbird)
>>> and I am curious how people do if they are alternatives.
>>>

>> Personally, I'm using email for both posting and reading. I've been using
>> Gmane for searching the archives when I needed a reference, and currently I
>> have no replacement.
>

> I used to use gmane with thunderbird long ago.. No I just use gmail for
> reading, sending, and searching. Which means I have a decade's worth of
> Boost related emails archived in my email account :-) But if I have to post
> a reference to an old email I find it first in my gmail then search for the
> same one in the mailman archives.

I feel a bit old school now :)

I have everything in Thunderbird offline/online with nice search
functionalities (and another email client to avoid clutter). I can do
everything from Thunderbird and I do not need to be online or to find a
corresponding mailman archive for replies (+ the fact that I can have
many news channels).

So nobody is using an nntp ? From what I understood, the nntp-mailman
bridge of GMANE is going to stay, is that right? Is there any other
nntp-mailman bridge out there that can be used for boost?

Thanks,
Raffi