Subject: Re: [boost] [iostream] Boost should not be saying "_FPOSOFF"
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-06 14:49:45

On 6 September 2016 at 19:24, Stephan T. Lavavej
<stl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [Rob Stewart]
>> Can you tell us what change can be made to the code to effect what had been gained by using that macro?
>
> It's unconditionally:
>
> #define _FPOSOFF(fp) ((long long)(fp))
>
> So you should be able to replace it with a static_cast, or eliminate it entirely.

That might break older versions, or other uses of Dinkumware. I would
try changing this configuration file so that it only applies to old
versions:

https://github.com/boostorg/iostreams/blob/develop/include/boost/iostreams/detail/config/fpos.hpp

I don't have access to Visual C++ so I can't do it myself. If anyone
wants to, all the relevant code is here:

https://github.com/boostorg/iostreams/blob/develop/include/boost/iostreams/positioning.hpp