Subject: Re: [boost] Boost should not be saying "_FPOSOFF"
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-19 13:32:41

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I have pushed a fix for this on the 'develop' branch of iostreams. In the
> fix basically iostreams uses _FPOSOFF for versions of VC++ prior to VC++14
> but uses '((long long)(fp))' for VC++14 on up.

That seems like a fragile fix to me. How do you know which version of VC is
not going to have that def? Wouldn't it be better to use _FPOSOFF if it's
defined, and the cast otherwise? That way whenever the macro goes away it
will work, regardless of the specific version when that happens.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything