Subject: Re: [boost] [beast] Request for Discussion
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-25 08:26:51

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 7:01 AM, Bjorn Reese <breese_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> ...I initially suggested that you and Vinicius collaborated instead
> of seeing your respective libraries as competitors.

Absolutely, which is why I reached out to you and Vinicius in April.
Me and Vinicius spent several hours talking about our respective
libraries on Skype. I reported back to the group on this:

I noted that Boost.Http and Beast had minimal overlap. Beast provides
low level HTTP protocol functionality while Boost.Http offers a
turn-key HTTP server. From that discussion came some action items, I
made changes to the Beast message model. I delivered a header-only
parser with no dependencies on the rest of Beast so it could be
re-used in Boost.Http, and informed Vinicius. I started a discussion
on further refinements to the message model
(https://github.com/vinniefalco/Beast/issues/13). I have seen no
evidence of Beast integration in Boost.Http.