Subject: Re: [boost] Build: Trying to get Boost.Build to see myOpenSSLonWindows
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-02 00:21:06

On 2 October 2016 at 03:12, Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> That sounded promising so I set these variables in the environment but
> I'm still not having any luck building the SSL Asio examples on
> Windows. The environment variables have no effect on the build output.

I'm working on the assumption that you want to use cl.exe as your compiler.
If you open a VS20XX Command Prompt (elevated), you can add the paths to
your libs in that environment like this:

INCLUDE=%INCLUDE%;d:\vf_libs\include
PATH=%PATH%;d:\vf_libs\lib

Now cl.exe will be able to find your includes/libs, independently from bjam.

Issue a "set" command and you'll be able to see all the settings, it's
pretty self explanatory. For all info on cmd-shell, take a look at ss64.com.
It's also good for bash/powershell/OSX...

Now issue the proper bjam command (for building the asio examples) and
things should work.

degski