Subject: Re: [boost] Build: Trying to get Boost.Build toseemyOpenSSLonWindows
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-02 15:23:48

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 10/02/2016 11:13 AM, Peter Dimov wrote:
>>
>> And, to get back to the problem at hand, is there something that one can
>> put into user-config.jam or site-config.jam to set the global 'include'
>> and 'library-path' instead of passing them on the command line?
>>

> Yes. Any properties can be set at the project level
> by the project rule:
>
> project : requirements <library-path>/x/y/z <include>/a/b/c ;

We have liftoff! I built Asio's SSL example with these lines in my
site-config.jam:

import os ;
using msvc ;
local OPENSSL_ROOT = [ os.environ OPENSSL_ROOT ] ;
project
  : requirements
    <include>$(OPENSSL_ROOT)/include
    <library-path>$(OPENSSL_ROOT)/lib
  ;

Thanks everyone for helping me slog through this