Subject: Re: [boost] [beast] Request for Discussion
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-02 18:08:22

On 10/2/2016 3:24 PM, Oswin Krause wrote:
> Hi,

>>> Ok, will do.

>>> Well, cmake should install the library, even its header-only.
>>
>> Why should CMake "install" a header-only library ? Boost does not use
>> CMake and header-only libraries do not need to be "installed".
>>

> to install the header files into the final location of the boost libraries

If you follow the Boost directory structure your header files are in the
right place as soon as you unzip your library beneath the Boost libs
subdirectory. Afterward running 'b2 headers' from the Boost top-level
directory creates the links to your header files under the Boost boost
subdirectory. There is absolutely no need for anything else for a
header-only library, nor is there a need to make things more complicated
than they need to be. Of course if you are not going to follow the Boost
directory structure you will make things needlessly complicated.