Subject: Re: [boost] [beast] Request for Discussion
From: Paul Fultz II (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-03 01:11:09

> On Oct 2, 2016, at 7:38 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Whatever CMake can or cannot do, Boost should not require its use for anything right now since their is no official support for it.

But it would be nice for it to support it now, as it will make it easier to use the library(especially before its accepted in boost).

>>> Boost does not use CMake and header-only libraries do not need to be "installed”.
>>
>> Boost.Hana does use cmake and is header-only that is installed with cmake.
>
> Boost.Hana is part of Boost now and is "installed" when you install Boost.

Its also installed with cmake.

> In Github Boost Hana is installed when I get the Hana submodule. If Boost Hana needs CMake in order to be installed or in order to work that is news to me, and I am sure it would also be news to other Boost developers.
>
> I have no official stake in whatever debate may exist regarding Boost Build and CMake but I think that, even if you favor CMake, you should not be saying that CMake is necessary for Boost when it is not.

I am not saying its required, but by having Boost.Beast support cmake makes it easier to use, and give real feedback for the review.

Paul