Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] Need help with errors while building boost for clang on android NDK
From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-04 17:01:18

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 3:53 PM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> FYI: I still haven't gotten this working.
>
> Okay, this is third hand information but I believe that gnu STL on
> Android is not compliant. I know they are/were missing std::to_string,
> some other things. Its possible that its been updated. But maybe not,
> I just had a user with a build problem caused by gnu stdlib (or
> whatever its called).
>
> If you've exhausted all other options, try building with clang/llvm
> standard library instead.

I mentioned in my OP that I am trying with clang + llvm STL in NDK. I
am, however, familiar with the issues you describe. But I've
(hopefully) setup the bjam script to point to the LLVM version of STL.
But the problem I'm facing now is the assembly part for boost context.

Thank you for your response.