Subject: Re: [boost] [doc] Doc directory for a library
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-07 14:14:08

On 10/7/2016 10:08 AM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 6:21 AM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> If a library does not have a 'doc' subdirectory, because the doc is not
>> buildable but is rather hardcoded into an HTML file, what is the best way
>> to satsify Boost and the boost_check_library regression test for that
>> library ?
>>

> A "doc" subdirectory is required. So you would have to create it with some
> content in it. Ideally you would move the existing html docs into it. But
> just having an index.html that redirects would be enough. Note, do not add
> a jamfile in the doc subdir if it's all pre-made html. As otherwise we
> assume that there's something to build.

Both the index.html and the rest of the HTML docs ( a single file )
exist a the top-level directory of the lib, so I am going to assume that
putting a readme file in the doc sub-directory will be fine. I don't
really want to move around either of the html files unless it is
required in some way. The lib is a CMT lib and I don't want to change it
more than I have to.