Subject: Re: [boost] Build: Trying to get Boost.Build toseemyOpenSSLonWindows
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-07 15:36:39

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Paul Fultz II <pfultz2_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Unfortunately, its broken when using with pkgconfig on windows, with this:
> It should try to find it with pkgconfig first and then fallback to guessing.

I have never used pkgconfig on Windows, or even heard of it until now.
It sounds like a Unix tool that was brought over to Windows to make
non-natives feel more at home.

Speaking only for myself, if I was the maintainer of CMake it would be
impractical to support every single package manager. (conan, vcpkg,
nuget, etc...) However, CMake's FindOpenSSL does handle the most
common use case - when OpenSSL is brought in using its installer.

Now that CMake is squared away for my Beast SSL examples, I'm trying
to get the bjam based build sorted. And having similar
troubles...there's no "find OpenSSL" in bjam.