Subject: Re: [boost] Build: Trying to get Boost.Build toseemyOpenSSLonWindows
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-07 19:29:26

On 10/7/2016 2:51 PM, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I once asked on the CMake user's mailing list how CMake distinguishes
>> between a 32-bit or a 64-bit package when the find_package command
>> was used
>
> Code distinguishing the library address model is here:
> https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Modules/FindOpenSSL.cmake#L124

That is very nice for OpenSSL but what about other packages ?

For a 64-bit build the find_package(libxml2) finds the 32-bit libxml2
library and says that it has found the right package. I experience this
when using CMake to build a 64-bit version of clang. I still don't think
CMake's find_package command in general can distinguish between 32-bit
and 64-bit packages of libraries or even knows which bit-ness it needs
to find when executing the command.

But again this is off-topic. All I am trying to say that instead of
trying to claim that CMake does this and that as opposed to Boost Build
you, and others, would be much be much better off to stop trying to
suggest how good CMake is and just focus on how to do things with Boost
Build if that is really what you want to know.