Subject: Re: [boost] Curiousity question
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-13 10:31:59

Edward Diener wrote:

> The lack of interest in even seeing what cxx_dual was about or trying it
> out, even when I attempted to make it as easy as possible for those who
> dislike seeing macros in their own code, does not really personally bother
> me since I write software for my own pleasure or practical use unless I am
> being paid to do it as a consultant.

The basic issue with a Boost library that allows one to switch between Boost
and standard components is this: the usual motivation for using a standard
component when available is to avoid a dependency on Boost. But if you don't
have Boost, you also don't have the Boost library that would allow you to
switch.