Subject: Re: [boost] [fixed_point] First presentation from GSoC 2015 and more
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-16 13:52:38

>> I would like to further investigate your sqrt implementation.

> It seems the link to the whitepaper for sqrt has broken over the years.
> I swear archive.org is the only thing keeping us from another dark age.

> I found it again here:
 OK. Thank you. I will try to bench the iterative sqrt algorithm for,let's say, 32-bit signed fixed-point on a 32-bit microcontroller.If I get any sensible results compared with our polynomialapproximation, I will forward them to the thread.
One disadvantage of polynomial approximation is digit lossdue to argument reduction. Iterative and CORDIC seem tonot suffer from this, and cam be good options.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Best regards, Chris

    On Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:06 AM, Michael Marcin <mike.marcin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

 On 10/15/2016 4:02 PM, Christopher Kormanyos wrote:
> I would like to further investigate your sqrt implementation.

It seems the link to the whitepaper for sqrt has broken over the years.
I swear archive.org is the only thing keeping us from another dark age.

I found it again here:
http://www.realitypixels.com/turk/computergraphics/FixedSqrt.pdf

along side another relevant article:
http://www.realitypixels.com/turk/computergraphics/FixedPointTrigonometry.pdf