Subject: Re: [boost] interest in structure of arrays container?
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-20 23:02:37

On 10/19/2016 11:59 PM, Michael Marcin wrote:
> On 10/19/2016 7:32 AM, Larry Evans wrote:
>>> Michael, the attached is an outline of how to do it.
>>> As noted in the comments, a lot of member functions still need
>>> implementation; however, the offset calculations I think are
>>> correct.
>>>
>> Code has been updated to implement most of the "essentials" of
>> soa_block. You can now call begin<Index> to get the begin
>> iterator for the Index'th vector.
>>
>> The code now is on github at:
>>
>> https://github.com/cppljevans/soa/blob/master/soa_block.cpp
>>

> Still digesting this but one small tidbit I stood out for me

[snip]
I uploaded a modification of your benchmark:

   http://codepad.org/eol6auRN

to:
   https://github.com/cppljevans/soa/blob/master/codepad.eol6auRN.cpp

The modification added soa_emitter_block_t which uses soa_block.
Unfortunately, this soa_emitter_block_t takes about twice as long as
your soa_emitter_static_t.

I've no idea why. Any guesses?

-regards,
Larry