Subject: Re: [boost] [process] Formal Review
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-06 06:26:03

On 11/06/2016 02:10 AM, Klemens Morgenstern wrote:

> To be honest, I haven't looked that deep into boost.fiber, not sure how
> that would look. I'm open for any suggestions; async_pipe implements an
> asio-I/O object, so you probably can already use that with the interface
> boost.fiber provides to boost.asio.

The pattern used in Asio is to have both synchronous and asynchronous
functions:

   return_value foo(args);
   return_value foo(args, error_code);
   void async_foo(args, void (*)(return_value, error_code));

If async_foo supports boost::asio::async_result, then the coroutine and
fiber support can be implemented seperately from your library.