Subject: Re: [boost] Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 has removed std::unary_function and std::binary_function
From: Daniela Engert (dani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-06 10:31:41

Am 06.11.2016 um 15:51 schrieb Edward Diener:
> On 11/6/2016 1:14 AM, Daniela Engert wrote:
>> Am 05.11.2016 um 20:21 schrieb Marshall Clow:
>>> ... if you build with /std:c++latest.
>>
>> I can send out PRs to library authors interested in that and help
>> working on a converged Boost-wide solution
>
> A number of changes require c++11 support so you can't just blindly
> introduce such changes for libraries which also support c++03.

As the maintainer of our in-house Boost distribution I have the freedom
to do so, and I have no other choice but to make boost work with recent
versions of msvc and /std:c++latest. I am perfectly aware of the fact
that changes to make this happen may clash with c++03 and the possible
lack of features introduced with c++11. Therefore I am sending out PRs
for people to see what changes are required as bare minimum in a c++11
environment. Based upon that we may mull over c++03 compatible changes
if needed.

One note: my /std:c++latest-capable version of 1.62 passed the full test
suite when compiled with vc14 update 3 in the same way as the Boost
master test matrix showed (well, with fewer test failures in some
cases). And I always run the test suite in all four combinations of
32/64 bit and debug/release mode to monitor the different outcomes that
become apparent when doing so.

Ciao
  Dani