Subject: Re: [boost] Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 has removed std::unary_function and std::binary_function
From: Daniela Engert (dani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-06 11:47:13

Am 06.11.2016 um 16:59 schrieb Edward Diener:

> My point is that if the Boost library supports c++03 then your PRs will
> be rejected if the change(s) in them do not take that into account for
> the relevant changes.

Edward, I am perfectly aware of this process, thanks for educating me.
And I am also perfectly aware that libraries with a c++03 baseline
requirement cannot use std::unique_ptr or std::shuffle unconditionally.

That said, I am willing to rework my feature branches accordingly before
sending out PRs. This will take time because I am doing this in my spare
time. But, in cases where I might miss config macros, or where
maintaining both std::auto_ptr and std::unique_ptr means littering
#if/#then/#else all over the place I will withhold PRs. I just won't do
that.

Ciao
   Dani