Subject: Re: [boost] [Beast] std::to_string not available in gcc 4.8?
From: Dissanayake, Tharindu (tharindud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-09 07:43:44

> A user is complaining that std::to_string is not available in their distribution.
> Beast doesn't support toolchains that don't have full support for C++11.
> However, if this is the only thing missing maybe I can just use a Boost
> equivalent to get him up and running.
>
> I see boost::to_string in <boost/exception/to_string.hpp> is that a public
> interface? It doesn't look documented. What do folks typically do when they
> want to call std::to_string on an unsupported distribution?

My preferred alternative is boost::lexical_cast<std::string>. See http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_62_0/doc/html/boost_lexical_cast.html.

As per my knowledge, boost::to_string is for internal usage.

/TD

This e-mail transmission (inclusive of any attachments) is strictly confidential and intended solely for the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed. It may contain legally privileged and/or CONFIDENTIAL information. The unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution printing and/or copying of this e-mail or any information it contains is prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, constitute an offence. If you have received this e-mail in error or are not an intended recipient please inform the sender of the email and MillenniumIT immediately by return e-mail or telephone (+94-11) 2416000. We advise that in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient of this e-mail should ensure that it is virus free. We do not accept responsibility for any virus that may be transferred by way of this e-mail. E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, and we do not accept liability for any such corruption, interception or amendment or any consequences thereof. www.millenniumit.com