Subject: Re: [boost] Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 has removedstd::unary_functionand std::binary_function
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-12 11:57:37

Edward Diener wrote:

> I am missing something with Travis CI. The iostreams .travis.yml says to
> run the tests for linux and osx, to run using gcc and clang, and to run
> just clang on osx. The test then runs on osx with clang, and then none of
> the other combinations are run at all.

If you go to

https://travis-ci.org/boostorg/iostreams

you'll see that there are two jobs, the first one is the Linux one, with
TOOLSET=gcc,clang - it passes. The second one is the OS X one, and it fails.

https://travis-ci.org/boostorg/iostreams/builds/175183220
https://travis-ci.org/boostorg/iostreams/jobs/175183221
https://travis-ci.org/boostorg/iostreams/jobs/175183222

> > If I had to guess I would test for defined(_LIBCPP_VERSION) &&
> > defined(__APPLE__).
>
> I can do that. Maybe add a test that just outputs the clang version and
> libcpp version and then use that specifically after it cycles in the
> regression tests to define BOOST_IOSTREAMS_NO_PRIMARY_CODECVT_DEFINITION.

_LIBCPP_VERSION is

libc++ version 1101
    _LIBCPP_VERSION =1101

and clang's version is

"Clang version 7.0.2"

but I have a hunch that all Apple versions will behave in this way. Not sure
about libc++ on other platforms such as Linux.