Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Filesystem v3 - requires wstring - an obstacle to testing the serialization library
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-17 14:25:25

On 11/17/16 10:52 AM, Edward Diener wrote:

> Why do you think mingw/gcc on Windows does not support std::wstring ? I
> would be very surprised if that were the case unless you were testing a
> very, very old version of mingw/gcc.

When I look at the test matrix at
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html
all the gcc-mngw versions are failing. I checked the first one which
happened to be gcc 3.4 and that was the message. I mistakenly assumed
that all the failures were due to the same issue. So I see you're right
here.

So the library is failing to build for all mngw platforms.
Unfortunately, the test matrix truncates the error messages due to a
large number of warnings on that plaform before any actual error message
is displayed. This makes it impossible to make the library work on this
plaform. This an ongoing problem which I've complained before - alas
without getting anyone to take action.

Robert Ramey