Subject: Re: [boost] [iterator] Orbiting iterators
From: Jeremy Murphy (jeremy.william.murphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-20 20:18:37

On 21 November 2016 at 11:35, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 11/20/16 2:00 PM, Jeremy Murphy wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert,

>>> Sounds to me like a ring_view - (ring_view?) which has been discussed for
>>>
>> a long time.
>>
>> I couldn't find anything on this with a cursory search, could you link to
>> something?
>>

> https://github.com/Quuxplusone/ring_view

Thanks. Yeah, so ring_span is a view, which I guess is more or less the
Range equivalent.

What I'm talking about is a generalization of the CGAL Circulator and
Boost.Geometry ever_circling_iterator, and is in fact almost identical to
the latter.
So another way of saying this is that I just want to lift
ever_circling_iterator out of Boost.Geometry for generic use.

Cheers.

Jeremy