Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.63.0 Beta 1
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-21 07:49:43

Hi Olaf,

Am Montag, 21. November 2016, 13:19:57 CET schrieb Olaf van der Spek:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Jürgen Hunold <jhunold_at_gmx.eu> wrote:
> > Yes, until MS changed the install path's of Visual Studio with Preview 5.
> > And again with the RC. So we need to adopt Boost.Build again in the hope
> > the current directory layout is kept for the final.
>
> The path issue is a minor issue.

"path" includes registry entries. And both are evaluated. And yes, that is a
major issue, as you see below.

> I think 1.62 used to be buildable with the preview..

That is what I said. I think I merged the relevant PR and to master. Thus
Preview 4 works, Preview 5 changed paths and registry entries, RC again.

> Who's the resident Boost Build expert?
> IMO it'd be very nice to have VS2017 working.

Too late for the release, I suspect. And it is still a preview compiler with
a lot of issues to be fixed in develop anyway.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1