Subject: Re: [boost] [iterator] Orbiting iterators
From: Jeremy Murphy (jeremy.william.murphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-26 23:50:11

On 21 November 2016 at 21:29, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> At
> > work
> circular
> (The
>
> Must be useful to some people, so yes.
>
> (Needs tests, an example and docs of course to add to Boost).

Thanks, Paul, always good to hear from you. Yes, the response so far
convinces me that it is a useful and fairly elementary feature that has
simply been overlooked.

> > > Sounds to me like a ring_view - (ring_view?) which has been discussed
> for
> > a long time.
>
> We could bikeshed about the name?
>
> Orbiting iterator, ring_iterator, circulator, never-ending ... ;-)

Yes, although I can tell you now that my proposal will be for a class
circular_iterator<base_iterator_type>. I just meant the word "orbiting" in
reference to the broader concept.

So now the question remains: is there a maintainer of Boost.Iterator that,
in principle, wants this? Who is/are the maintainer(s)? I found reference
to a user jeffrey.hellrung, is that current?

Cheers.

Jeremy