Subject: Re: [boost] Solaris Boost Install headaches
From: Aparna Kumta (aparna.kumta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-07 19:46:05

On 12/07/16 13:02, Paluzzi, Aaron wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently banging my head against a Boost install on Solaris 10 Sparc. I started with a 1.57 download and install. This had mild success using the "Getting started" documentation with some compilation errors. I've been asked to upgrade this to 1.62, and now I'm getting errors as follows when I run ./bootstrap.sh
>
> $ ./bootstrap.sh
> -n Building Boost.Build engine with toolset ...
>
> Failed to build Boost.Build build engine
> Consult 'bootstrap.log' for more details
>

> In the Bootstrap.log file I get the following:
> ./build.sh: syntax error at line 135: `machine=$' unexpected
The following change to build.sh seems to work for me.
In tools/build/src/engine,
diff ./build.sh ./build.sh_orig
135c135
< machine=`echo $gcc -dumpmachine 2>/dev/null`

---
 >         machine=$(gcc -dumpmachine 2>/dev/null)
% ./bootstrap.sh --with-toolset=sun
-n Building Boost.Build engine with toolset sun...
tools/build/src/engine/bin.solarissparc/b2
Thanks,
Aparna