Subject: Re: [boost] Synapse library review starts today December 2
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-13 15:19:57

I've made a small addition to Synapse, the ability to post arbitrary
function objects on thread_local_queues, to be executed synchronously at
the time poll is called. See http://zajo.github.io/boost-synapse/post.html.

This feature allows critical worker threads to minimize the amount of time
they consume by offloading expensive non-critical computations to another,
non-critical thread. This also removes the need for synchronization, since
the queued functions are executed synchronously in the thread that owns the
thread_local_queue object.

Emil