Subject: Re: [boost] [stacktrace] Stacktrace library review
From: Vladimir Batov (Vladimir.Batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-14 19:27:00

On 12/15/2016 06:01 AM, Antony Polukhin wrote:
> Please, take a quick look at the Linux implementation
> https://github.com/apolukhin/stacktrace/blob/master/include/boost/stacktrace/detail/backend_linux.hpp#L229
> If your implementation has a more advanced technique for detecting
> source file/line - I'd really appreciate a hint.

My version is nowhere advanced... I humbly use the facilities provided
by backtrace(), backtrace_symbols() and abi::__cxa_demangle() (GNU
extensions). Then, while traversing the array returned by
backtrace_symbols(), I skip the very first entry. For advanced you might
probably like to have a look at the backtrace(), backtrace_symbols()
source code.