Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] Boost v1.64 in the milestones?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-17 12:15:16

I am also totally fine with Trac, and it contains history that must not be lost.

> > I believe you, but that's not the point ! :-)

> > We have migrated our repositories to github, so we should use the
> > *integrated* tools, rather than dispersing ourselves onto a lot of
> > different infrastructure, which only increases the work and is prone of
> > content getting out-of-sync. (As a point in case: look at the state of
> > the (trac) wiki, which still refers to the svn->git migration as a
> > future project.)
> >
> > If it was up to me I would establish a deadline for shutting down the
> > entire svn.boost.org site and then work hard to migrate the remaining
> > useful bits over to github.com/boostorg.
> >
> > Stefan
> >
> I'd think so too, especially since there are currently issues on both
> sites, which imo is rather confusing.

In theory I agree, but we need to be sure that GitHub does provide at least what we have from Trac ( I don't know how to use it for
one), or decide what from Trac we can live without.

We also need to migrate the history from Trac, IMO. It may be history but it is still invaluable.

Perhaps we need something fancier like this ZenHub? (though at a glance it seems to have some very pretty features that don't look
very useful to us as Boost?)

> Just fyi. there's a scrum plugin for github if the issue tracker is not
> enough: https://www.zenhub.com/ That integrates throuh a plugin into
> github and extends what you can do with the issues.

But someone knowledgeable needs to sort it all out - including educating users.

Volunteers?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow