Subject: Re: [boost] [stacktrace] review (changing vote to NO)
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-25 09:37:48

Antony Polukhin wrote:
> > Additionally I realized that with_trace and traced aren't parts of the
> > library! These should be built in there by default.
>
> During the Review I've received multiple requests to embed stacktraces
> into exceptions. And everyone was requesting to do that in a different
> way. I've got about 5 different incompatible ways to do that, and everyone
> thinks that there's only one (or at most 3) right ways to do that.

There is one and only one way to do that, and it's to use Boost.Exception.
That's what it's there for.

Every library defining its own with_foo and with_bar exception wrappers is
not the way to go. And neither is duplicating the standard exception
hierarchy as in

https://sourceforge.net/p/cppcms/code/HEAD/tree/framework/trunk/booster/booster/backtrace.h