Subject: Re: [boost] Review quality [ was stack trace review]
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-02 06:22:42

Hi,

> Btw.: the incubator is also outdated, hana, fiber, metaparse are already released with boost.

this is also something that I noticed, it gave me a bad feeling that the blincubator is not really maintained. Still, I found rather good advice on the incubator for my library "histogram", ie. everything in the "Requirements" and "Advice" sections.

I suppose that the blincubator needs a dedicated manager, someone who promotes new contributions on the mailing list and asks on the list for (pre-)reviews. Everything needs a push, I guess.

In principal, I see potential in the blincubator. Non-experts could play a greater part in (pre-)reviewing projects on the blincubator. A non-expert can still apply a checklist and see whether all the rules are followed. The checklist could be implemented in the page as a form.

Best regards,
Hans