Subject: Re: [boost] Review quality [ was stack trace review]
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-02 10:41:14

Sounds too clever by far ;-)

If all tests don't pass, this doesn't mean it is so useless that it should be deleted, perhaps OK on some platforms?

But I've been keen on an 'accepted as candidate for Boost' distribution for many years, and I would still like to see this adopted.
It would lead to better (and less acrimonious) reviews because we are not expecting perfection from day one. Too few people are
reviewing 'real-life' usage. We need more users and that won't happen until we have a two-stage acceptance process.

> I'm very keen on automation, but I am also aware of the false quality
> issues it can generate.
> Human based release management when done well is always higher quality
> than automated release management. To date Boost has done releases by
> hand. Also, automation requires a human janitor, and to date it's been
> easier to find reliable release managing humans than to find reliable
> automation janitors willing to work for zero money.

On this can't we trust the author to move from his develop branch to master when he thinks fit?

Keep It Simple Sir?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow