Subject: Re: [boost] [root_ptr] Into consideration by Qt & QtQuickCompiler
From: Phil Bouchard (philippeb8_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-03 09:34:56

On 12/30/2016 05:54 PM, Phil Bouchard wrote:
> On 12/28/2016 03:57 PM, Phil Bouchard wrote:
>>
>> Qt is into that Javascript industry and their QtQuickCompiler competes
>> against other popular technologies such as JIT (Just In Time compiler)
>> and SmartTV is pretty much the next big wave. So an acceptance from
>> their part is a big step forward given the number of companies (V-Play,
>> Intel, ...) and open source developers related to Qt.
>>
>> WebKit is pretty much inlaid with a garbage collector but the Qt Project
>> is not.
>
> So what do you think? You have the Intel Open Source Technology Center
> at your disposal if not already.

Feel free to participate into the conversation I have with the Qt
Project group, they have useful ideas Boost can make use of.

I understand Boost is hesitant with root_ptr but perhaps we can add
memory usage statistics and "adapt" dynamically the memory pool used and
things like that. That's one thing missing in either shared_ptr or
root_ptr.