Subject: [boost] Crosscompiling context and fiber without multithreading
From: Vitaly Osipov (forum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-09 04:15:44

Dear all,

I am developing for a PowerPC target under real-time os und studying a
possibility to employ fibers. They seem to be a good fit, since we
have a single thread but several entities, which could in fact be
considered parallel. Data exchange through channels also is relevant
for the project.
The problem is, that though we are provided with a quite recent
compiler gcc 4.7.4 with c++11 support, the multithreading part of std
is missing, since the OS has its own implementation of multithreading
functionality different from pthreads and std::thread. Is there any
chance to compile context and fiber without multithreading support? Or
it is used under the hood and can not be avoided?

Best, Vitaly