Subject: Re: [boost] Crosscompiling context and fiber without multithreading
From: Vitaly Osipov (forum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-09 11:38:03

Oliver, thank you for a quick reply!
- Implementing own scheduling seems to be not a difficult task, since
there is an example in documentation
- Would calling a callable directly without using std::call_once be
sufficient, since we will not use threads? Or something more involved
would be required?

I am also not much familiar with boost configuration process, could
you please recommend which toolchain to start with? I was trying to
use toolset=gcc-power and setting threading=single, which worked for
compiling serialization library. But it seems to ignore "single" for
context and uses -pthreads flag for the gcc, which is not supported by
our version of the compiler. I was able to get rid of -pthreads flag
by editing gcc.jam directly, but the build still tries to use
pthreads. May be there is a separate repository for context and fiber,
which does not use boost configuration (though I could not find any on
github)? Any help would be much appreciated!

Vitaly