Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in updated expression template library?
From: Damien Buhl (damien.buhl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-10 15:00:14

On 10/01/2017 20:37, Zach Laine wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> There should be a list of all the Boost libraries on which Yap immediately
>> depends. Is it just Hana, or are there others ?
>>
> It also depends on TypeIndex for type printing, but only if you include the
> optional print.hpp header, and it depends on a single header from PP.
>
> Zach

Nice that this is optional, to get Boost.Spirit based code small enough
to fit in Cortex M0 mcus with 64kb ROM, we currently have to patch our
Boost headers to remove the debug printing headers with the current Proto.

I think if there is an emphasis on object size reduction and compile
time reduction there will be definitely an interest to switch from Proto
to Yap. Did you already make some benchmarking comparing Proto to Yap in
this regard ?