Subject: Re: [boost] [asio] doc format changed?
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-10 19:56:20

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Why did the formatting for Boost.Asio documentation change from 1.61 to 1.63?

More information:

Here's the top level documentation page for Boost.Asio 1.62.0:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_62_0/doc/html/boost_asio.html

Now here's the same top level page for 1.63.0:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_63_0/doc/html/boost_asio.html

Everything has been flattened into one page, which is not the intent
of the parameters in the Jamfile for building the docs.

Also note that in the docs for 1.62.0, the "Quick Reference" (a
manually maintained piece of Boost.Book xml) is present:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_62_0/doc/html/boost_asio/reference.html

But in 1.63.0 the Quick Reference is absent:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_63_0/doc/html/boost_asio/reference.html

I can't find the quick reference anywhere. I'm not sure what the
problem is but something changed. This is everything that was modified
in doc/
https://github.com/boostorg/asio/commits/develop/doc

Nothing jumps out at me. But I'm no expert in building the Boost docs.