Subject: Re: [boost] shutdown ticket-system on svn.boost.org
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-12 11:46:27

017-01-12 16:53 GMT+01:00 Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]>:

> On 1/12/17 2:24 AM, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I encountered that the ticket system at svn.boost.org is not up-to-date:
>> components coroutine2 and fiber are missing. At least the reports created
>> for coroutine2 and fiber do not know the components (not in drop-down
>> list).
>>
>> I would vote for shutdown of the ticket-system in favour of github - for
>> me it makes no sense to manage two bug reporting systems.
>>

> The bug reporting system has worked well for me for more than a decade and
> I wouldn't want to give it up. But I don't believe that everyone has to
> agree with me. I don't see any value in requiring that all libraries use
> the same system. Boost can/should require an issue posting sysyem, but
> doesn't have to mandate which one. So just shut down the system for
> coroutine and fiber. Problem solved.

note that users still enter bugs for both libraries - but I can't generate
reports that select bugs with specific criteria (closed, reopened ...) -
seams to me tat the system misses some configuration/maintenance etc.

some users enter bugs without specifying the component or assign it to the
wrong component ... so simply removing coroutine or fiber will not work
properly (at least someone has to move them to the buck tracker at github)

at the moment I've to check two bug trackers - that's not nice