Subject: Re: [boost] shutdown ticket-system on svn.boost.org
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-12 12:48:57

On 12.01.2017 12:40, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> [...]

I'm not sure about that. While certain boost components are so
interdependent that users won't be able to tell them apart (and report
issues to specific trackers), at least some boost components are
independent enough that I don't think a common tracker is needed or even
useful.
(My usual example: Boost.Python)

> Ideas - and especially action - welcome.
>
> But we must not lose the over-a-decade of history, and there are lots of links to Trac items in the documentation.

While I agree in theory (about not wanting to lose history), I have to
admit that at this point I'm mostly just worried about the
signal-to-noise ratio. The (trac) Wiki for example is full of history -
so much history that it's almost impossible to make out the current
state. So at the risk of being accused of promoting false dichotomies,
I'd argue that a clear status is more important than a complete history.

    Stefan