Subject: Re: [boost] shutdown ticket-system on svn.boost.org
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-12 14:17:39

On 1/12/17 9:45 AM, John Maddock wrote:

>> The bug reporting system has worked well for me for more than a decade
>> and I wouldn't want to give it up. But I don't believe that everyone
>> has to agree with me. I don't see any value in requiring that all
>> libraries use the same system. Boost can/should require an issue
>> posting sysyem, but doesn't have to mandate which one. So just shut
>> down the system for coroutine and fiber. Problem solved.
>>

> Not really: if a component is missing from Trac, then folks will still
> submit issues there (under the wrong component), and someone will either
> have to manually move it to Github, or close it down with an explanation
> - in which case the reporter may well just go off in a huff rather than
> re-file in the correct place.

OK - then just leave a pointer in the place where you don't want it
reported to point to the place you do.

  I don't care what we use, but it has to
> be easy to move reports between components, which IMO means some degree
> of integration.

I really want to avoid infrastructure projects which create more work
than they actually save. At the end of the day it's library developer's
who have to spend lot's of time using the system and/or getting involved
in it's design so we're not stuck with a bunch more useless work.

Robert Ramey