Subject: Re: [boost] shutdown ticket-system on svn.boost.org
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-12 17:09:06

On 12.01.2017 17:01, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 12 January 2017 at 20:39, Oliver Kowalke <oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> why not close boost trac for new bug entries while keeping the history and
>> give the users the hint to enter the bug report in github instead
>
> Some Boost libraries have Github issues disabled. That suggests the author
> prefers to get issues through Trac.

The question of migrating issue tracking never came up formally. So
perhaps some maintainers simply took for granted that migrating wasn't
an option ? I think it's at least worth raising the question.
(Specifically to the library authors / maintainers. There is no sense in
starting another of those endless tools discussions. Something as simple
as a quick poll: "would you consider switching to the github tracker, or
do you prefer to stay with trac ? Only answer with 'yes' or 'no'... ". :-) )

> In practice however, as a bug reporter, I've found that Github works better
> to iterate quickly on problems and get them fixed.

...in articular as it's integrated with PR reviews.

        Stefan