Subject: Re: [boost] is boost a product? was shutdown ticket-system on svn.boost.org
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-13 02:02:15

> I think the idea that we should agree on things like build system, bug
> tracking system, release dates, documentation format, etc. is not
> sustainable

I still believe that it was and still is a good idea - diversity in build
system, bug tracking system, release dates ... would end in a desaster -
boost should be consistent in least in the items you mentioned.
User do not want to be forced to look what boost library 'xyz' uses for bug
tracking while boost library 'abc' uses a complete different tool.
Especially developers need to be able to referre/link in one bug report
to another bug (potentialy in another boost library).