Subject: Re: [boost] [asio] doc format changed?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-15 12:35:29

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> >> Why did the formatting for Boost.Asio documentation change from 1.61 to
> > What you should do is to:
> >
> > a) define the boostdoc alias as empty.
> > b) define the boostrelease alias to build the asio standalone docs.
>
> Wait uhh...what do you mean? Are you saying that I should make that
> change locally? I was hoping we could fix the official documentation
> for everyone. I don't build the asio docs for myself, I use the one at
> boost.org

Sorry misunderstood your question slightly.. The ASIO author has to decide
is the documentation they want for the release is to be the integrated one
(as it is now in 1.63) or the standalone one (as it was in 1.61). When I
made the doc building changes for CI I "guessed" as to the intent of the
authors. In the case of ASOI I guess that they wanted the integrated docs
as they have existing explicit build targets for them. Which meant that
somehow the layout changed significantly in this case. Don't really know
why though :-( As the docs are built just like all the other integrated
library docs.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything