Subject: Re: [boost] Generating Boost documentation with pandoc
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-16 03:39:34

> > Gonna use asciidoc to write my next documentation so I can still have
> > DocBook (not sure why it's so important) and have free ePUB support.
> > asciidoc or any other simple markup language that does the job.
>
> (I'm actually pondering to move the Boost.Python docs from QuickBook to
> good old ReST, so I could manage all its documentation with the sphinx
> tool (used by most projects in the Python community). It may lack some
> features, but the fact that it is well-known by many people outweighs
> that by far.
> Boost still has a long way to go to get out of the NotInventedHere mood...

I converted mine to asciidoc already:
https://github.com/BoostGSoC14/boost.http/commit/c535bf73cab03b60b285df7e7bff62c49be99744

It'll be interesting to see you converting document to reStructuredText and
compare results/share experiences.

My experience is that it was pretty easy to convert to asciidoc, as all
DocBook semantic was there already (like warning, tip and so on blocks).

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/