Subject: Re: [boost] Moving away from SourceForge
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-22 14:52:13

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Louis Dionne <ldionne.2_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know this has been discussed in the past, but I would like to revive the
> discussion about moving away from SourceForge as Boosts' release hosting
> provider.

One thing that we found that couldn't be replicated at any of the other
major OSS hosting sites was the ability to have the windows binaries in the
same location. These files are quite large (200MB x 12 visual studio
version + 1.4GB for the combined archive), and none of the sites that we
looked at could support them. There was also (I believe) a general
consensus that we wanted to keep those at the same place as the source
distribution.

That said, I think we have other (secondary?) locations that serve the
source distro, so maybe it would be worthwhile to point your travis jobs
there instead of sourceforge?

Tom